Sunday 24 August 2014

To pitch or not to pitch? That is the question.

Pitch!! 

Today I made an expensive upgrade to the house. I decided the pitch the ceiling in the living/dining/kitchen area.

Why may you ask? Well the answer is simple. Because I've always wanted a pitched ceiling. I just forgot to ask about it way back when the original plans were being drawn. Luckily the final plans have not been drafted and sent to council yet so I was able to get a variation done and my new home will now have a pitched ceiling which is pretty exciting!

Being a small home I am hoping it'll make it appear as though it is bigger without  actually having to add more space. I am also hoping it'll make the house feel lighter and airyier overall. I am not sure if the beams will be exposed or covered up as yet. I guess those finer details will be worked out but in the meantime here's a pretty picture of a living space with a pitched ceiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment