Monday 11 May 2015

I've got a handover date!

Apparently we will be in the house before or on the 18th of July! There's been a lot of activity on our site over the last week since I had a whinge to management. Not only are the eaves complete but the rough in is complete and yesterday the walls started to go up. The end feels near people! This morning the tradies are on site working hard to get the gyprock finished by today. Whoop. I've been told that the doors will be delivered this week and will possibly even be installed this week meaning the house will be at lock up stage and we will no longer be able to break and enter. Sad.

We have a walkthrough scheduled in for this week and I already know that there are several things I want to change. I say "I" because I don't think Aaron cares too much about colours. We had our consultation 2 years ago now (bless him he sat there like a stunned mullet whilst I chose colours and fixtures and he just nodded in agreement to my choices) and what I had in mind back then is not what I have in mind now, so I'm going to talk to my SS about changing the a few things. The first being the colour of the walls (because I do not remember choosing cream) yuk- so not me. I swear I chose a grey to go with the rest of the house but alas....cream. We're also going to have a chat about the possibility of getting some power points added to eliminate a million power boards, because 2 years ago there were no thoughts of lamps and appliances and iPod docks and all that jazz. Lastly we're also hoping to have down lights added. Our SS is going to hate us. 







1 comment:

  1. Wow it's really coming together. We are looking to build with Trevelle we love one of their designs but I'm worried about some of the negative feedback they get on some of the review sites found love to hear more from you thanks mel

    ReplyDelete