Friday 23 January 2015

My Saturday Miracle

24/01/15

Holy Moses I now believe in miracles. And I got mine today. The sky finally decided to stop raining long enough for me to acquire a slab. 
The boys were hard at work for most of the day (except at around 11.30am when I drove past and a few of the workers were bludging...must have been on their designated morning tea break)
Luckily for them they got the job done so I won't begrudge them. Quite frankly I wouldn't have cared if they took 20 breaks as long as my slab was poured and left in pristine condition which it was I must say.

The next stage of the building game will be the erection of my frames (lol erection.....so immature). They'll be delivered on Wednesday and hopefully I'll have a standing house within a fortnight. 

Naturally I witnessed my slab about half an hour ago and the novelty of it has worn off and I want my frames. 

#getbacktoworkboys #theresframestobeerected #hahaerected






2 comments:

  1. LOL congrats neat, it's about time!! You are exactly like me, I snickered when I read erection too :) I'll have to check out your slab on my next walk, I only saw the cement truck from the back of my living room, the house behind us blocks our view now! I know what you mean about getting over the slab and wanting frames, I was like that the WHOLE build - nothing was ever good enough I kept wanting more! Yeah, it doesn't get better LOL, welcome to the roller coaster of building! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha phew- glad its not just me on both accounts (erection and nothing being good enough) I got a call yesterday from the site supervisor- frames are getting delivered today and should be up by Saturday/Monday at the latest. Windows are being put in on Tuesday/Wednesday and the bricks are being delivered Wednesday and looking to start Thursday so its all steam rolling ahead! I just finished reading your blog. House looks great. Love the shutters. Where were they from? I think we are going to have the same retaining wall nightmares....at least by then you'll be an expert and I can come to you for advice on the process! You've been a life saver so far! Thanks heaps :)

      Delete