Monday 5 May 2014

I just bought land! Say what?

It was March 2013 and I decided it was time to leave the nest and give my poor mother some peace and quiet after 2 and a half decades of yours truly.
I spent several exciting months looking at already built homes but after a while the excitement turned to frustration because I couldn't imagine myself calling half the places I looked at home and of course all the ones I could were sadly not within the budget!
UNTIL......
I happened to glance at a realtor one afternoon advertising house and land packages in a new estate called "Brooks Reach". I decided to give Stocklands a call and see what the go was. They told me that they only had a few lots left and they were only small lots. My interest was sparked so I decided to go out and look at the display centres (Aaron in tow). I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive about living in Horsley (being a Fairy girl my whole life) but I have to say as soon as I saw the place I knew I could live there.
It was a rural area with rolling mountains into the distance and great views of the escarpment- but best of all it had a nice vibe (nothing creepy like that stepford wives feel you get with a lot of new housing estates). Anyway with little deliberation I made my decision within the space of about 5 minutes, locked myself in and put a deposit on the land.  Within a couple of days I had exchanged contracts with Stocklands and boom- the land was mostly mine (if you overlooked that it still required registration!)

The weeks following were busy busy busy what with colour appointments to choose floor boards, roof tiles, paint colours, carpets, doors, knobs, benches etc etc- you name it I was choosing it and before long I had a vision in my head of what my little humble home would look like. Of course Aaron came along but he just kinda sat there and nodded a lot...I think all the choices were a bit overwhelming! I guess I won't be able to blame him if the house looks mis matched!

Anyway....It wasn't long ago that I stepped foot onto my land (below) for the first time. Seeing this little parcel and knowing it was where I would begin another chapter of my life was beyond exciting to say the least! I can't wait to start seeing my home go up piece by piece. I'm pretty sure I will be out there everyday to see whats happened- even on days the where that may be nothing!








No comments:

Post a Comment