Wednesday 7 May 2014

Progress!

Today I came home after a long day of work and the house was the furthest thing from my mind....probably because not much has been happening in ways of progress since about December 2013 and in fact the process has just been pushed further and further back each passing month which to be honest has been a bit of a bummer....

Anyway as I was saying (dramatics aside) I came home from work and what was awaiting me!? A letter from the builder with applications and consent forms and agreements to sign and a letter explaining how all this documentation is needed for that all important day when they start to build the house! 

HOORAY!

Just when you start to give up on the notion of progress- it throws you a curve ball and refuses to let you be a little negative nelly. I like that.

I realise that this package is only a small step forward but it's a step none the less and I don't think I've ever been as excited as I am right now to receive all the looming responsibility that has come to me in the post today! 

Momentarily I will be signing more of my life over to a debt made of bricks and water and I can't wait! (Of course when you don't need a pen there's a million around but when you need one they become an endangered species)

With that said- I'm off to find a pen!!



5 comments:

  1. Hi there, congrats on the land purchase and progress toward your new home. We are also looking to build with Trevelle Homes unfortunately sharing in your pain around delays. Would be great to have a quick chat about Trevelle itself as we have been hearing unsettling news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Oh really? That doesn't sound good at all. Would definitely like to hear from you regarding your concerns before I sign any contracts!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi there , we are building with Trevelle in Brooks Reach stage 7, they have been fantastic so far, we are building a modified focus 19... not any problems so far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats fantastic to hear! I am so happy! Especially after that above comment! Makes me feel very relieved. I haven't had any issues with them as yet. Haven't started building but they have been very helpful so far! Hope it stays this way!

    ReplyDelete