Thursday 22 May 2014

When you want something done- do it yourself!

So today has been a fruitful day I must admit- frustrated with the hold ups and lack of information from Stocklands in regards to why the land is not moving forward towards registration, I took matters into my own hands and spoke with council- I must say they were very helpful! 
They told me that there were two issues causing the hold up. The first was the certificate from Endeavour Energy- an issue I was already aware of.

The second issue which I wasn't aware of that's stopping the council from releasing the subdivision certificate so the land can be lodged to the LPI is the basins. According to council the work that has been completed is different to what was proposed in the initial plans and the basins that have been constructed in stage 10 are not adequate in size- council said that this could cause flooding issues later on down the track and they would be the land owners problem.... Ummm no thanks!!

Awesome- thanks Council- so now what? 
Well I was told by council that they are waiting for Stocklands to provide them with written acknowledgment that they are aware of the issue and will fix it. 
Council said they are willing to release the subdivision certificate before the issue is rectified if they have something in writing from Stocklands- I guess this will make them solely responsible for fixing the issue- so it doesn't become a council or community issue later on down the track and we have to foot the bill. Cheers council!

Anyway the lovely fellow at council chased up Stocklands today and then called me back to advise that he has received a verbal commitment from Stocklands stating that they are aware of the issue with the basins and acknowledge that they are responsible for fixing the issue and will indeed fix the issue. 

The council guy said that he now has to send Stocklands a letter (which he said will be done tomorrow).........and after this, council guy will need to wait for Stocklands to reply with their written confirmation! 

He said if Stocklands gets this letter to him as a matter of priority then he can release the subdivision certificate within a week and once Stocklands has that the land can be lodged to the LPI!! (Providing they also have the certificate from Endaevor Energy).

In closing....I will leave with the news that Stocklands is working on getting a update to stage 10-ers that should be received either tonight or tomorrow....won't hold my breath as I might be dead before I see my house completed and that would be ironic....


No comments:

Post a Comment