Wednesday 7 May 2014

The Plan.....

So for anyone out there who is interested to know- I am building the Allard 17 with Trevelle. Its a teeny tiny humble home sure to fit on our teeny tiny humble block of land.

I won't lie- initially I was a little stuck on which block to choose, the bigger of the smaller blocks or the smaller of the smaller blocks. When I thought about the smaller block I felt a little negative towards the idea of having such a small block and such a small home because in this day and age we all want bigger and better and of course I was no exception to this. I started in with all the "what if's" and "if only's" until I realised that I am only 25 and not only will this be my first house it will be my brand new first house and I will have achieved it all on my own without the help of anyone....in light of this realisation I chose to stop having the mind set of a spoilt brat and decided to start being thankful for what I would have, instead of what I wouldn't have and chose the smaller block and the smaller house that came with a side of a smaller mortgage.

It's funny, once you push the negatives aside, the positives start to flow in an abundance. Once I put my brattiness aside, not only did I start to get used to the idea of a small home, I started to love the idea of a cosy home, one where Aaron and I wouldn't get lost from each other, one where I wouldn't have to text him from the next room because I couldn't be bothered trekking down the 20m hallway (Because I would totally do that) and one where I wouldn't have to spend my weekends feverishly cleaning. I have to say not tending to the upkeep of a big house or to more land than would be used makes me super happy =)

So below are the plans for the cosy little home that awaits. Some alterations were made to the Allard 17 to include a theatre room. Also the master bedroom was moved out the back with a sliding door out to the deck (I didn't want it looking out on to the road as it was in the initial plans and like so many of the display homes these days which seem to have the main bedroom placed at the front) Anyway these are the rough plans. Changes to the kitchen are still to come! So watch this space!


These tiles will make up one strip of the splash back! Just have to choose how it will be placed. Not all the tile designs will be used- just a few of them.



This is the design thats been chosen for the bathroom....beachy. If I can't live at the beach I will bring the beach to me!


Thats all for now folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment